The Old Tramway
Inn - A Family Haven For Food LoversIn
1826 the Stratford to Moreton tramway was opened which isolated one or two fields between the River Avon & Shipston Road.
In 1856 James Rudge submitted building plans for a house which we know as the Tramway Inn. Then in 1865 he obtained a licence
to sell alcohol and the premises became known as the Railway Inn. It was run by James & his son until 1877 when the building
was sold to H Perkins who extended the building extensively into the building we see today.
than a name change the premises have been used as a public house ever since